International Women's Day: Elevating the Conversation on Ending Sexual Violence in Conflict
Please join the Enough Project along with the United Nations Office of the Special Representative of the Secretary-General on Sexual Violence in Conflict, The Permanent Mission of Japan to the United Nations, and The United Nations Academic Impact Department of Public Information for a high-level special event on Thursday, March 6, at the United Nations headquarters in New York.
The discussion, entitled “International Women’s Day: Elevating the Conversation on Ending Sexual Violence in Conflict,” will cover the ways in which women experience conflict, the role of women in Congo’s peace process, and efforts to combat the conflict minerals trade, and urgent actions needed to end and prevent sexual violence.
John Prendergast, Human Rights Activist and Co-Founder of the Enough Project
- Amb. Samantha Power, United States Ambassador to the United Nations
- Zainab Bangura, United Nations Special Representative of the Secretary General on Sexual Violence in Conﬂict
- Robin Wright, Actor and Activist
- Sylvie Maunga Mbanga, Congolese lawyer, advocate, and Program Facilitator, Federal Leadership Institute
- Tim Mohin, Director of Corporate Responsibility at Advanced Micro Devices (AMD), chair of the Electronic Industry Citizenship Coalition (EICC), and author
Check out the full event program below: